Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Just another day

Things I covet...
1. Trips to hot places
2. My brothers blog name

I created this blog on a whim and sadly realize that I have a very unoriginal blog name. It is with more sadness I realize that I still can't think of a better one. The irony is that a viewer of my blog created his own blog to comment on mine. It would appear that he didn't even want a blog but has received more viewers than mine. I have attributed this to a more catchy blog name, refusing to admit he might have more interesting things to say.

So I finished work last week. I love teaching and I am out of a job but not worried. In fact I am enjoying my daughter. Today is day 1 of us since work. So far we have driven Daddy to work, vacuumed some of the house, done the dishes, had a play date, and currently one of us is napping. What a great day!

I am concerned about the other two girls who are also not able to return to my last school. It's all in perspective. I have a husband who works hard and pays the bills. I have worked in many different schools and have said good-bye before and I have something to look forward to... At home. If I was the main bread winner of our family and a relatively new teacher I would be worried, no, I would be devastated that I was out of a job. So I worry for those girls.

Those first few years of marriage can be stretching. When we were first married we had it all planned out. We would both work for a few years then have kids etc. I had a good job and Karl had just finished school. Shortly after we were married he started getting migraines. He decided to go back to school. Even though I had a good job it was still tight. (No trips! No kids!) I can't imagine how we would have survived if we had both been in school. Then there are our friends who got pregnant within the first year, even month of marriage. Unplanned. There are the ones who couldn't find jobs right out of school or realized they hate the jobs they trained for. There are countless friends who have been to the fertility clinic. Some finding no success. Life has no guarantees. It is full of surprises. And we survive. We love, we change, we grow. Would my friends trade the job they hate for the daughter they love? Someone has to feed the family. So my advice to someone getting married... Plan until you are blue in the face but plan expecting that life can happen and things may turn out differently then you expect.

No comments: