Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's an addiction

I can't get enough. Yesterday I started reading other peoples blogs. It started innocently enough and now I can't stay away.

Three blogs stand out in my mind. The first two were blogs that were recently updated. One was a prayer journal from a women in Colorado who started each blog with "Dear God..." I thought it was a good idea but didn't stay very long. Next I visited a site of a very desperate man who is looking for a wife without actually looking. His whole blog is dedicated to his search for a wife but states that he isn't going to date or actually try to meet someone. I think he is hoping a nice girl will come across his blog and the rest will be history. I could write a whole new blog about this guy and what I think of his wife finding strategy.

The last blog I visited came by chance. It is actually a set of blogs by the same women. I was searching blogs trying to find out how easy it was to find mine and came across the first of the two. It was about being a hockey widow and becoming a hockey wife. Interesting. I checked out her top 100 things about her and came across her second blog. This blog was about the tragic loss of her youngest child and the grief she is feeling. I shed so many tears as I read it. She is so open and honest with her feelings. I hesitate to be so open. Yet her words and thought expressed in her blog are obliviously part of her healing. I read everything. Her entries and the comments that people have shared. What a beautiful tribute to her son and the love she has for him.

No comments: