Sunday, July 30, 2006

Is this war?

Yesterday we were at the mall, just looking around while our Japanese student did some shopping. We went into Toys R Us to get some birthday gift ideas for Tesla's upcoming birthday. For 1/2 hr, I pointed to things and shared my ideas. Finally I said "I'm not getting much feedback from you"

Nothing.

I said again "I'm not getting a lot of feedback. What do you think?"

Karl - "I don't want to get anything with a lot of pieces that have to be picked up"

Me - "Because you pick up a lot of toys?"

Karl (sheepishly) - "I do it all the time..." If you know my husband you know he used the same tone as he uses when he tells me he owns a stealth bomber, which is parked behind his mom's barn.

Me - "Well why don't we buy our own gifts for her this year"

Karl - "Ok"

So this morning...

Me - "Karl, I don't want this to be a contest on who can get Tesla the best birthday gift."

Karl - "It's not. I already know what you are getting her. You told me yesterday."

Exactly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's no need to argue you guys. You both love you daughter very much, that's quite obvious. But you have to understand that the neither of you will win in a war for better birthday presents. That's all I have to say about that. By the way, have you thought about Mom's birthday?