Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm dreaming of...

As I sit and listen to my colleagues plan their vacations (and some of them have more then one) I find myself skimming the travel websites. Five years ago I could have told you exactly where I wanted to travel. Today I don't care where I go as long as it involves an airplane and a different continent. Of course the total cost of the trip would have to be about $2.50. Unlikely I know.

I have to remind myself what I have chosen instead of travelling... a career, house, husband, daughter... And if we are really honest I don't want to take Tesla on a plane. Could you imagine an almost 2 year old trying to sit still, in one spot for the many hours of flight I long for? In addition, Karl won't get holiday time until November. If I take another teaching job in the fall we will just skip the holiday this year. I better stop looking at the travel websites.

PS. Apparently you can go to Cancun with Atlas Travel for $95 plus tax. Of course you won't have anywhere to stay once you get there.

PPS. DDW - Do you really want a graph? I could make one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I want a graph. Can we make it a pie graph? How about strawberry rhubarb? Maybe with a little vanilla icecream? Sounds dreamy.

Dreamy, that's it isn't it? Dreams. Then reality comes in. Like engagement and family. So do I keep the new job and all the money it offers (short term) or walk away in September for school (long term)? Or do I hope to get into UBC and try and combine them both? So many vectors. Could you do a calculus and figure out the area of the sphere of optimal response taking into account the sum of the infinite possible outcomes? Or should I just pray? Too many questions? DDW