Monday, August 28, 2006

The f-word

Somebody taught my daughter the f-word.
Yesterday, she pointed to another person and said "fat body."

I am not happy!

I have worked with too many anorexic teenagers and struggled with my own weight to be even remotely happy that my two year old knows, understands and uses the word fat. So we are reinforcing to the world that the f-word is not to be used around our daughter and especially not used to describe our daughter.

If you need an alternative to describe Tesla you can try... cute, strong, naked (if she is naked)... to name just a few.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you....putting it out there for your MIL to read, without naming names.
You go girl!

Anonymous said...

My 3 year old daughter has lately began to tell people if they have a big belly. I'm appalled! "Did you know you have a big belly like Mrs. Price?" she'll ask them while smiling. I'll look at them in shock and say "Oh she doesn't really have a big belly..."
I'm glad she isn't saying they are fat, (I would balk at that as well) but somehow, she has still decided to say it. :(