Friday, March 19, 2010

Slide Shows

In the last year or two we have attended many different events which have included a slide show. (Funerals, weddings, birthday's, and retirement parties) I haven't looked for a list of "rules" for making slide shows but I'm fairly confident that the following guidelines would hold.



1. Don't use pictures that are out of focus.

2. Don't include pictures that are not about the celebrated person.

3. Play the whole song through before changing to a new song.

4. Choose one or two transition types for slide changes.

5. Show each slide for the same amount of time.

6. Choose one font type for the entire slide show.



I am sure there are a number of guidelines to follow but these are the ones that currently stand out in my mind.



Oddly enough my husband commented on this after departing from the most recent event. He noticed the music and blurrly pictures. I say oddly because Karl isn't particularly picky about visual things. I'm not surprised he noticed the music but the pictures...

No comments: