Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My husband loves a good joke... or what he perceives is a good joke. Every night he climbs into bed before me and plants himself in the middle of the bed. Every night I climb in and say "Can you move over a little bit?" Every night he responds by extending his arm until its hanging over the edge of the bed and says "What? I'm hanging off the edge" Every Night.

One night I respond with "This isn't funny anymore. We have been married for over 8 years and just for fun lets say there are 300 days in the year. That means I have heard this joke about 2400 times. It's not funny anymore."

Him - "I'm aiming for 10000" HA HA HA

This is my husband. The man who puts the kids toys under my pillow at night before I come to bed. I've even found a few between the sheet and bed. So I should have known...

Yesterday he calls me from work and asks what is a mill. Mill... a unit of measurement? A place that grounds wheat into flour? No... MIL. Somebody read my blog. Somebody who has been asked numerous times if he read my blog finally did. "Are you mad?" NO. "What did you think?" NOTHING.

Should have known...

I had a roast in the crockpot when he got home. "Would you like me to check the roast? Don't want to dry it out. It will keep cooking if we turn it off. Look at the thermometer it's close lets take it out..." On and On and On...nope not mad... full of one liners and ready to milk it dry...

just like all the other jokes...

2 comments:

The Best's said...

Maybe he will retaliate and start his own blog or maybe together you create a new one "He said, She said" Oh I think that would be entertaining!

Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

It's a guy thing. Though my hubby doesn't do it quite every night (until he read this...). But sometimes I do wonder why they think it's funny to annoy others. Girls doing find humour in annoying people, do they?