Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Which comes first the egg or the chicken

The other day my husband put on this old (15years?) t-shirt to go out in. He hadn't shaved in at least a week and had just informed me that he isn't going to cut his hair until after he sees Iron Maiden in June. The last hair cut was Jan 4; the day of my brother's wedding.

Why bother trying if this is how he is going to be? And I told him just that.

So lets take stock. My last hair cut was in Dec. I have four identical t-shirts which I have worn two days in a row...

When did we stop trying? For me it came with the kids; the changed body of pregnacy, wearing clothes that are easiest to nurse in, the lack of personal time and the change it income.

Take shopping for instance. Just picture trying on clothes (because who knows what size you are anymore) with Anna trying to climb out of the stroller (I caught her standing on the high chair tray this week) and Tesla opening and closing the dressing room door just as I have disrobed.

To be fair, I haven't totally given up. I did call the stylist earlier today and I do have some new clothes that I wear when the laundry has been done. I also took a stand for Karl. I told him that any of his shirts that have more than eight holes in them will be thrown away. I think he's in our room hiding them.

No comments: